Monday, May 24, 2010

Peter and his Boat

The JAFTICA is a very handsome and and well appointed boat. Skipper Peter keeps it in impeccable condition and I found that throughout the voyage is was a very well performing boat. The design is by a well known Australian Naval Architect, Bruce Roberts who designed the hull below the water line. The deck etc above the waterline with the pilot house etc. was designed by Bruce Clinton of Pictou NS. Not only was the boat sea worthy it was also very sea friendly regardless of the conditions. I never felt ill at ease while at sea (as long as I had my Scopolamine trans-dermal patch on for motion sickness.

And about the patch, I happened to read recently that in rare cases, unusual reactions to ordinary doses of scopolamine have occurred including confusion, agitation, rambling speech, hallucinations, paranoid behaviors, and delusions. What's so surprising is that I thought those symptoms was completely normal. It happens to me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment